Waleed Khaliqi is an IT Technologist, Social Activist and blogger from Kabul, Afghanistan; who has been actively involved in community and capacity building of his Afghan fellows since 2012. He is the former President of National IT Professionals Association of Afghanistan (NITPAA), where he held charge during Oct 2016 – Jan 2019. Tenure, he was instrumental in making NITPAA an At-Large Structure of ICANN, and registering it with Afghan government as a formal non-for profit NGO.
Waleed holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Majoring in Network and Telecommunication, from Kardan University. In addition, he has Diplomas in Information Technology, Business Administration, Accounting Management, and English Literature.
Following are some of the big Achievements NITPAA had during his keep.
- Registering NITPAA with Afghan government.
- NITPAA became an At-Large Structure of ICANN.
- NITPAA became NCUC Organizational member.
- Signed a one-year MoU with Karwan University.
- Organizing a two full days AfSIG 2017, and 3 full days AfSIG 2018.
- The First Term of Reference for the Board of Trustee members was drafted and approved.
- The first NomCom committee was organized, and the new board members were elected.
- Conducted seven half-day events.
- Signed a MoU with Kardan University.
- The third election, to elect the fourth president of the association, was transparently organized.
He is a full time government employee, where he works as a Technical General Manager with Afghan Ministry of Information and Culture.
Waleed was the "40 under 40" award winner of Kardan University in 2017.
Waleed remained inSIG 2016 and MEAC-SIG 2017 fellow and has participated in ICANN 57 in Hyderabad, ICANN 60 at Abi Dhabi and IGFA 2018 at Kabul. He is one of the Key Organizers of Afghanistan School of Internet Governance (AfSIG) “sig.afig.af” which has been organized in 2017 and 2018 and will be practiced in 2019 as well.